Nothing can stop this sort of thing from taking on a life on its own on the web — except Sarah Palin.
Sarah Palin wants to see some people talking. Tomorrow night, during her speech, it’s the first Little Known Fact-a-Thon. Stream your LKFs while she speaks. If you got to this site through some other avenue, sign up for a Twitter account and join in.
In the meantime, keep this in mind:
- Sarah Palin clubs people who wear goofy clothes and sequins to the convention for sport.
- Sarah Palin coded the original prototype for Facebook.
- Sarah Palin had the original idea to drop the “e” from Flickr
- Sarah Palin writes low level device drivers for Linux
- Sarah Palin knows why Twitter doesn’t scale but she wants us to have the joy of finding out on our own
- Sarah Palin doesn’t have a favorite web framework. She is a web framework.
- Sarah Palin was the first one to know that Scoop sucks
Sarah Palin is the reason compasses point North.
Tags: Sarah Palin
Here are some more of the best Little Known Facts from around the Twitterverse.
- @moveableHype – Queen Elizabeth II curtsied when she was introduced to Sarah Palin
- @RichardMahoney – Sarah Palin’s image already appears on the newer nickels
- @JonBurg – Fox is starting a new reality show… when Sarah Palin Attacks
- @Rammi – Sarah Palin wants you to LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!
- @JonHenke – Sarah Palin’s enemies are automatically added to the Endangered Species List
- @lagonmorph13 – Sarah Palin as VP increases Depends sales among scatalogically frightened Democrats
- @RogHaak – Sarah Palin is what Willis was talkin bout
- @arratik – When Sarah Palin attends ritual blood orgies, she always brings the most delicious ambrosia salad
- @robertgorell – To prep for her role as Tracy Flick in “Election,” Witherspoon spent the ’98 seal clubbing season with Palin
- @jstueve – Ben Linus does Sarah Palin’s bidding
- @aefoley – Jesus has a bracelet that says, “WWSPD?”
- @coreyclayton – Death once had a near-Sarah Palin experience
- Also @coreyclayton – Sarah Palin can win a game of Connect Four in only three moves!
- @jtoeman – in the original version, He-Man had the power of Sarah Palin, but the writers felt this would make him way too powerful
- @mayjah – Sarah Palin can keep a Twitter meme going on and on like a rave kid on X.
- @KurtLuidhardt – Sarah Palin was not flown to Ohio in charter jet- she ran as part of morning workout.
- @johntabin – N. Alaska is sunny half the year and dark half the year because Sarah Palin needed the reading light, then wanted a nap
Bring you more later since this thing shows no signs of stopping…
The facts are pouring in – literally. At last count, there are more than 3200 Little Known Facts in the random “Little Known Facts About Sarah Palin Generator. There are nearly as many hashtags.
Here are a few more facts that I dug up today.
- Sarah Palin begins every day with a moment of silence for the political enemies buried in her yard.
- Sarah Palin always beats the point spread.
- Sarah Palin once bit the head off a live Osprey snatched from the air as it tried to fly off with a fish she caught.
- Sarah Palin uses French Canadians as bait to catch giant king salmon.
- When Sarah Palin booked a flight to Europe, the French immediately surrendered.
- Sarah Palin plays Whack-a-Mole with her forehead, and always gets a perfect score.
- Sarah Palin knows who was on the grassy knoll.
- Sarah Palin’s finishing move in the VP debate will be pulling Biden’s still beating heart from his chest & taking a bite.
When we started digging into little known facts about Sarah Palin today, we never would have guessed where it would go. Now we’ve made Mashable.
Perhaps most interestingly (and what’s been the inspiration for this post) is the wide variety of Sarah Palin Facts that have been popping up on the various microblogging networks like Twitter and FriendFeed today. If you’ve missed them, they’re very reminiscent of the Chuck Norris Facts, and our crack team of Mashable investigators have tracked this meme back to its source, the imaginatively named Sarah Palin Facts.
I’ve selected a few favorites from the site, but I’m sure you’ve “heard” a few yourself neither we nor the SPF creators have heard of.
Little Known Fact: Sarah Palin secretly runs Mashable as a way to keep tabs on the rest of us.
It seems we’ve started a brushfire, and scores of intrepid researchers are looking into little known facts about the next VP. Here are a few of my own, and below that are some of the best from around the net.
- Sarah Palin isn’t allowed to wield the gavel at the convention because they’re afraid she’ll use it to kill liberals.
- Sarah Palin once won a competitive eating contest by devouring three live caribou.
- Sarah Palin once carved a perfect likeness of the Mona Lisa in a block of ice using only her teeth.
- Sarah Palin will pry your Klondike bar from your cold dead fingers.
- Sarah Palin pick retroactively makes the theme of #DNC08 “Things To Do In Denver When You’re Dead”
- Sarah Palin doesn’t need a gun to hunt. She has been known to throw a bullet through an adult bull elk.
Some other great ones.
- @PetCobra – (SPOILER ALERT): Ted Moseby marries Sarah Palin. (I’m a big How I Met Your Mother fan)
- @importantinfo – Sarah Palin drives a Zamboni to work.
- @mayjah – Sarah Palin was kicked off Survivor for killing a man and eating his entrails.
- @FreeRangeMom – Sarah Palin has asked the CIA to investigate, find and dispatch the person who started Little Known Fact (I’m hoping this isn’t true)
- @RedheadWriting – Sarah Palin is actually Kaiser Sose.
- @wugou – Sarah Palin can divide by zero.
- @davidsinger – Sarah Palin can read EBCDIC (I liked this because I actually used to have to deal with mag-tapes with EBCDIC encoded data. Ugh! I’m old.)
I’ll keep digging and bring you more fun stuff later.
Thanks to @JazzyChad for The Sarah Palin Little Known Facts Database
Little Known Fact: Sarah Palin poses more danger of creating world-destroying black holes than the Large Hadron Collidor.
Little known fact: Sarah Palin makes Andrew Sullivan regret some key life choices.
Little known fact: Sarah Palin got Tom Brady pregnant, and then left him.
Little Known Fact: Sarah Palin is the only woman who can make Tony Romo WIN a playoff.